Monday, January 28, 2008

Church family.

This past weekend reminded me of how much a church can become like family. Saturday night at church I was working on slides for the sermon, announcements and songs. I get very into looking at the monitor while I am doing this and I don't pay much attention to those around me. So, I about jumped out of my skin when Dennis Patty came into the A/V room and said my name really loud...he finds this very funny, because he did the very same thing last week. I would like to think I would remember from week to week that he is going to do this, but no matter what I don't seem to. Well, he thought it was so funny that he told Pastor Kris that he should do the same thing to me. So, Dennis stood down on the stage and Pastor Kris snuck up on me (he was much more sneaker than he needed to be, I had no clue he was even coming up stairs...once again being totally into my work) and he poked his head into the A/V room and yelled my name....I seriously jumped really high! (During this time, Dennis is down on the stage watching me through my window laughing his head off at me as I jumped.) I am really glad they did not have a video camera on me, for fear that it would be posted on youtube by now. I felt like I was being picked on by brothers or something.

Then on Sunday it was nice hanging out with our church family at Arbys. It was nice knowing we were supporting the Pfohl's and we also got to sit around and chat with different friends from church. It has been kind of cool the past 2 weekends the church has done something were we could all get together. I always come away from these times telling Dwayne just how good it feels to belong to a church that we really feel apart of. I think it really helps that we both serve in different areas of the church. I strongly feel the best way to feel like part of a church is to get in and serve...give your time for others, get to know others and it is amazing how much more relaxed you start to feel. I like feeling that I can be myself, no matter how weird that is...and it can be pretty weird. I also like watching how comfortable my children are with everyone. After all the different churches I have been to, it feels really good to be at home.

2 comments:

Coby said...

i totally hear you on this one. farmland friends is beginning to feel like home to me. i've never really experienced that before and it's such a blessing.

Tonya said...

I'm beginning to feel that family atmosphere here and it's awesome! So many good people, I wish I could get to know all of them more than just saying hi on Sunday. I know it will take several years to feel really comfortable but so far Farmland Friends has made it very easy.