Friday, January 18, 2008

Tomorrow is Angel Food.

It is really cold outside. It is going to be REALLY cold tomorrow morning. Angel Food is tomorrow. Tomorrow morning I get up at 5:30am to go stand outside of the church. As the pallets of food are taken off the delivery truck, Pastor Jeff and I keep order by making sure each church that is picking up at our church, usually about 6 churches or so, get just the right amount of items that they need. I know this sounds fairly easy, but when you have a bunch of people who just want to get done so they can get back to their own churches it can get a little out of hand. Most times I have to open boxes and bags, to get to the individual items to pass out to the churches, so they will have the correct number needed. The bad thing about that is that I can not wear gloves...no gloves on a freezing cold morning, working with frozen foods....brrrrrr.....very cold. Last month I found that I could wear some fingerless gloves and still get my work done. I love doing this work, just not the really cold days as much. I do have one blessing for tomorrow, my wonderful hubby went to his father's house yesterday and picked up an outdoor heater that we will be using tomorrow morning. I have a feeling I will not be the only person singing his praises tomorrow. I love hanging out with all the different people from the different churches. I must have a kick me sign on my back, because it never seems to take a new person long to figure out that I am the prime person to make fun of...lol. Another great thing about Angel Food is watching my son, Brighton age 12, and my daughter, Dora age 8, getting involved. Even if they stay up way late on Friday nights with friends, even if it is freezing out, no matter what it takes, those two get up with me at 5:30am and they really help out. Trust me, they work for me, when I count out our items they take them inside and working for your mom is not always easy, I am always harder on my children than other people are. I have gotten tons of comments on how good of workers they are and they would never forgive me if I did not wake them up to go work. I love to see how they are using the the serving heart God has given them. It makes working in the really cold weather even more worth it for me.

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

You know, you should ask Jeff to help you find some gloves like they used to have at Ross/lobills when he worked in the freezers... they have grippers on them! =) Makes fingers more usable when covered! =) happy shivering my friend... I'll be sleeping peacefully with my children in a WARM house under WARM blankets... ok, so that wasn't very nice... I'm sorry! I'll shed a blanket in support of you! =)

Kris Sorensen said...

Cari,

Thank you so much for serving in the Angel Food Ministry - you are a blessing to our community!