Thursday, January 17, 2008

Who Knew...

Who knew grocery shopping could be an exciting night out? I told Dwayne yesterday morning that I needed to go to town to do some grocery shopping and he was like..."Wait until after 5 and I will go, too" The poor man so badly needs out of the house that he will even go grocery shopping with me. That is fine with me, because he also took me out for dinner. My poor kids had to stay home and have leftovers, but I got treated to a nice dinner with my wonderful hubby. We certainly don't get out that often these days and we have to take advantage of the times we have. Does it mean we are getting old when we turn grocery shopping into a date night? I think I always spend more at Aldis when Dwayne is with me...wait, I think that I always spend more every where when he is with me...lol.

4 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

You know, I think it is a sign of old age when aldi night becomes date night... but hey at least you had a date night! =)

Mommy pfohl said...

Oh, and as for the leftovers... I know what they were eating and I'd have gladly eaten with them and not complained! =) mmm... lasagna!!!!!!

Derek Chalfant said...

You spend more when he is with you because that is our job as husbands, sez so in the manual and if your like Tammy you'll say your never taking him again and in a few weeks he'll be right there with you again in the store.

Cari said...

You are so right, derek...he will be back shopping with me this weekend. One good thing about having him with me when I spend more is that he can't blame just me...he helped...lol... strategy on my part.