Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Fish and Cats.

We have had some gold fish for over 4 years now. 3 fish that just will not go away. I can leave the tank uncleaned for longer than I will ever say and they just keep living. But today...I hate to say it...today the fish tank was beyond the normal dirty...it was so brown I could not see the fish anymore. Now I know that is horrible and it is more than unfair to my poor fish, but you see, I have these massively big gold fish. They no longer fit into the little fishy net thing you use to get them out of the tank. So, when I clean out the tank and I have to take the fish out, I use this little net to get these big fish out and hope that I don't drop them on the floor. Today was the day for a good tank cleaning. So, out they came, of course they had to chill in a small bucket, but out they came, I cleaned their tank very well and back in they went...all I may add, without dropping even one of them on the floor. Their tank is sooooo clean that you can actually see the wall through it now.
Here are what happy little fish look like...



Of course, my kids are accusing me of cleaning the fish tank, so that the fish will be more visible to the new cats we should be picking up tomorrow. I have decided to get 2 cats to add to our household and if everything goes right, I should have them tomorrow. Now if by some odd chance the fish do get eaten by the cats....well, hey....that is just how the world works sometimes.

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Those fish are big enough to fry! Seriously though, if you need help killing your goldfish just send them my way; our family is really good at it now. ;-)

Mommy pfohl said...

Well, I can kill them off to. Just visit my blog and you will see! 2 down... 1 left standing... I think he was quivering tonight when I walked up to the tank! =) Oh what joys. Oh, tanks look beautiful and sparkling by the way.