Sunday, January 20, 2008

It was a wonderfully cold day!

Angel Food went great. I put on a couple of extra layers, Dwayne set up heaters and all the different church's trucks blocked the wind. All this equals a tolerable cold morning. I had my new no fingers gloves that helped. I must say by the time we got to the last few items, my fingers were a little on the numb side. Handling frozen foods when it is already freezing outside, well...it just makes hands really cold. I got to meet some new people yesterday and finally meet some people who had been there for the last few months, but I am always to busy to actually meet them. It is funny they always know my name. It is kind of like when you around parents and kids, you always know the kid's name, because the parent is usually constantly calling the kid's name, but you never know the parent's name, because all the kid ever says is mom or dad. Well, I guess I am like the kid who the parent is constantly calling...the really bad kid, I guess...lol, because you hear my name being called a lot. The kids did a great job and I even heard one man comment that he could not complain about the cold, because he had not heard the little red head, my Dora, complain yet...lol.

Then it was on to the movies. It was great fun to sit in a theatre full of people from church. As we were getting ready to head into the theatre, Tobi commented that she was seeing so many people she knew from church. I told her, yes honey...it is an all church movie day. I really hope we can do this more often as a church. It was just so nice to see our church family out away from church and just to have a few moments to catch up with them and chat.

After the movies it was on to Jo-Ann Fabrics. I am looking into more material for some new pieces of clothing for our re-enacting this year. I am getting so excited about re-enacting already. Patty has been filling me in on some possible day trips that we can do as families, so that helps the excitement build. Dora is very excited about our 1812 re-enactment in October, we go Thursday thru Sunday, and Friday will fall on her birthday. She will get a period correct birthday party this year...she can't wait.

Saturday night was church...I love working up in the A/V booth, but on Angel food Saturdays I usually start to crash by the time we hit service time. Poor Bruce had to do with me not quite keeping up with him when it came to words of the songs. But I did not do too bad keeping up with Pastor Kris and the sermon...lots of slides there to work with. The sermon was great! The kind that you walk away from saying..."Yeah, what am I here for...what should I be doing...Come on...let's get going!"

Friday night we had a great time with the Pinkertons. We had them over for dinner and then the guys were suppose to play video games while Tonya and I scrapbooked. Well, we got into some serious games of Farkle, and I ended up being the only real loser of the night. Tonya won the first game, James the second game and Dwayne the third game....me....I lost all 3 games....but I am use to being a big loser. Just wait, we will have to meet up with them again and have a rematch...I have to win sometime...right?

3 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Don't feel alone... I'm always the looser! Glad you had a great weekend.

Pink is God's said...

No Cari, you don't have to win sometime!

Cari said...

Oh man...Pink...that was harsh!