Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Baklava...

Ok, if you are ever going to make Baklava, I strongly suggest that you buy the phyllo dough that it requires. Don't be a fool like me, I forgot to buy the phyllo dough, so I thought, no big deal I will just make some. It is really hard to roll that dough out as thin as it needs to be for the desired effect in the Baklava. (By the way, everyone in my house has just been going around say BAKLAVA, it is a really fun word to say.) So, anyways, I worked out my arm muscles yesterday rolling out very thin sheets of phyllo dough to layer in my pan, then coat in butter, the real stuff...not margarine, then do a layer of nuts, sugar and chocolate chips, more dough, more butter, another layer of the nut, sugar and chocolate stuff, and then finish off with more dough and butter. I rolled out at least 12 sheets of phyllo dough. But it was all worth it. It tasted really good. It was Greek night at our small group and when someone mentioned that we needed baklava, I instantly volunteered to make it, I have always wanted to try and make it. I also made some Greek like chicken and pork for pita sandwiches, I was suppose to bring lamb, but I could not find what I needed. Our lessons these days are on the book of Hebrews. My hubby was our fathful leader last night and it is very enjoy reading through each verse and discussing them as a group....not only is the food good...the learning is too!

No comments: