Friday, January 25, 2008

Sleeping in?

Is it really possible to ever get to sleep in any more? What exactly is sleeping in? What time do you have to stay in bed til to count as sleeping in? I get up every morning to wake my kiddos up, granted it is not really that early in the great scheme of life...just 6:30am. I always have high hopes of being lazy on Saturday morning, but with Angel food last Saturday, my son leaving to go to a circus this Saturday (he has to be at the school by 6:15am!!!), and then most Saturdays my hubby likes to be up bright and early so he can get started on any home projects he might have. He always makes me feel like a lazy bum if I stay in bed...lol. Sunday mornings have been a little on the lazier, sleeping in side for us. I am at Saturday night church pretty much every weekend and lately, Dwayne has been coming as well. So, our Sunday mornings have been nice these past few weekends. You know, even if I could sleep in, I would not sleep past 7am. I have been waking up early for far too long...but that is just the life of a mom...right?

4 comments:

Pink is God's said...

I like the posted time of 4:46 A.M. on this blog. It just fits somehow.

Mommy pfohl said...

If you aren't speaking the truth, I don't know who is.. my day usually starts around 4:30 except for the days my wonderful husband shares the duty and gets up with our early bird son!

Tonya said...

Yes, a mom really doesn't experience sleeping in. Here is an example of me trying to sleep in. Saturday morning, no alarm, my dog wakes me up by jumping in bed with us at 6:30 am, I have to let her out. I let her out and go back to bed, my daughter wakes up at 6:45 am and wants to crawl in bed with me, I say no. She goes and reads in her bed. I go back to sleep. My son gets up at 6:50 am and is hungry. I get up and say "wow, I think I slept in a little!" and I make him breakfast.

Cari said...

Another thing us moms seem to deal with are the middle of the night wake ups. The was our new bed is set up, I have to climb over Dwayne to get out of the bed, and he is the first one the kids get to when they get up in the middle of the night, but does he get up? No...it would still be me...oh well...such is the life of a mother.