Monday, January 21, 2008

True Test!

Ok, it was a true test of will power for Mindy and I today. I really wanted to stay in bed and be lazy, but instead I went to down to the Pfohl's house and worked out. It can be so easy just to quit something, especially for me, I just seem to always give up after a few times of doing things. I start to make excuses for why I can't do it until I finally convince myself that I have put it off for so long there is no reason to even try and do it any more. I have done this many times with reading through the bible. James is really challenging the youth group to read through the bible in one year. He asked me if I was going to take the challenge as well. I told him I am already doing a challenge with the bible, I started a read through the bible in 90 days thing back last February and I am in Esther right now. I know...not very far for almost a year's time, but I still want to stay with this one. My thought is that so many times I would start over again, because I failed so miserably the first time, but only to fail again. So, I am not starting over until I have totally read through the bible this time. I figure I can start putting stars on the youth group chart when they catch up with me and then try to stick with them...I may actually finish this year, I hope.

No comments: