Monday, June 9, 2008

A revitalizing weekend!

I think this was one of the most relaxing weekends we have had in awhile. Friday night was just the family. We went into Winchester, we seem to go there more with the gas prices being so high, and picked up some needed groceries, came back home and Dwayne grilled a fabulous dinner for us. It was so cool to sit out on our back porch and just watch the dark storm clouds creep their way over us...well, until we start to feel the rain drops. Then we decided we better at least get all the food and dishes taken into the house quickly. We stayed up way too late watching 5 episodes from season one of Hell's Kitchen. My kids loved it, everyone except Tobi, who eventually went to her room to watch Madeline.

Saturday was a lazy morning...what do you expect after a late night. We had to go by the coffee shop to pick up our next fix of coffee for the house. We were asked about when we were moving...yeah...still don't know on that one. Headed into Muncie next to pick up the dreaded Drivers Education learners permit for my oldest child...am I really old enough to have a child driving? Not possible. Since it was storming pretty good, Dwayne decided just to keep the other three kiddos in the van while I ran in with Sari to do the paper work. My daughter had me and the BMV lady laughing so hard when it came to answering their questions.

BMV lady: "Have you committed any moving violations, or had your license suspended here or in any other state?"

Sari: "I don't know....I haven't driven yet."

BMV lady: "Would you like to be an organ donor?"

Sari: "I am not dying yet."

On and on it went...just so funny. The lady finally told Sari not to over analyze the questions. They allowed her to have the permit and she goes to her second drivers ed class today.

We then traveled over to New Castle to see friends of ours that moved to Georgia last year. I was so excited to see them, because she is such a good friend of mine and I have missed her. They are the opposite of us, they have 3 boys and one girl. One boy is the same age as Dora and they have always been such great friends. The kiddos were as excited as I was to see their long lost friends again as well.

Sunday...a great sermon. It is kind of funny, but a lot of what PK is talking about is right along with some things Dwayne and I have been thinking about anyways, so it is so good to hear him talking about it. We did follow his advice on taking more time with people and invited two couples over for lunch. It was a great time!!! It is just so nice to hang out and chat with people. You get to know them so much better and you can't wait to hang out with them again. The time went by way too fast. We are really excited about who to invite next.

Wonderful weekend...I only hope that more people had as good of a weekend as we did!!!!

No comments: