Thursday, June 5, 2008

First day of summer vacation...

It was our first full day of summer vacation yesterday and it was a lazy one. We have started in on the new summer rules, limited tv time, limited computer/video game time and more outside time. Tobi managed to fall off her bike into a mud puddle. Now where as this might be fun for most kids, not for my little princess. She was screaming bloody murder and I thought for sure something was broken, but no...just covered in mud. That was an easy one...I just put her in the shower and all that mud washed right off. Tobi takes after me in this area. I am huge into camping, I work outdoors, I can get dirty and survive it just fine, but I don't like to be dirty. I don't like to be sweaty, I don't like sand at all, I don' t like being in mud, and so far Tobi is the only one who follows me in this area. Now Dora on the other hand was riding her bike through all the mud puddles, came in all soaked and it did not even phase her.

I have been sewing for the past few days. It feels good to have my sewing machine back out again, it has probably been about 8 months since I have done any sewing. I have been making some cloth dolls for the girls to play with if we get to do re-enacting this year, and I have been making clothing for the dolls. It is a lot of trial and error, but it feels so good to be doing something fun and not just working on the house.

It looks like we will be preparing the house for an open house. Our realtor called and set up an open house for June 22nd. No reason to start cleaning today, but I can assure you that after working Angel Food on June 21st I will be coming home and cleaning for the rest of the day.

No comments: