Monday, June 2, 2008

Kids are great!

I spent a wonderful weekend with my kiddos. We all spent as much time outside as possible. Now, for the kiddos this was because of a little pushing from their parents. Pushing as in...no more tv, you have to do something outside! My kiddos get really stuck on watching the same DVDs, since we don't have cable or antenna, and they will watch them all day if we don't stop them. So, yesterday they got informed of the summer rules. Only one movie per day, limited computer/video game time, more reading, they have to journal, they have to help out with chores, all that fun stuff. I think they will survive fine, we were outside this weekend and they had a good time. Dwayne bought them some new sports equipment, new football, new soccer ball and yard jarts. And then at night we sat out on the back porch and played scrabble. Scrabble can get a little goofy when you get down to your final letters. I think we will have a great summer!

No comments: