Tuesday, June 17, 2008


It has been a long day. I spent the entire day getting all the weeds out of our flower bed and I am feeling very sunburned. Now, really...gardening is NOT my thing. My oldest daughter plants all the seeds and for the most part takes care of all our plants, but when it comes to the first time getting the weeds out, I usually do the most work on it. This would be because as much as I hated working with plants, every summer I would "help" my mom with her garden, mostly because I was forced to do it. Really it is kind of nice to go and do this weeding, you feel like you have actually accomplished something. Now, once the plants are bigger and it is easier to tell which ones are flowers and which ones are weeds, Sari will do the majority of the weeding. This is my one token helping with the flower garden. Although, I have told Dwayne with prices going they way they are, we will have to seriously look into growing an actual vegetable garden next year, which means I will have to work more on it with Sari.

Night number 2 without my hubby. You would think that I would be making the best use of my time by myself...you know, like reading a great novel (already finished it last night), watching some chick flick that he would make fun of, or working on some great project, but no...I have spent the last 2 hours playing on my kiddos webkin's accounts. Now all my girls are in bed for the night and I should go to bed myself, but it is amazing how lonely a bed can seem. I am sure I will be up way later than I should, doing absolutely nothing...lol. At least my hubby will be back on Thursday night, I feel really sorry for those poor wives who have to wait until Saturday...you have my sympathy.

No comments: