Monday, August 4, 2008

Dwayne has been doing an awesome job on our new rope bed. I have now finished his new pants. Pictures will come soon. My sewing is going really well so far. I spent all afternoon yesterday just cutting out some new patterns. I am not sure what I am what I am going to start next, I am excited about each project I have ahead of me. We had some of our re-enacting friends over Friday night and last night, just going over plans and sharing ideas. It has really helped Dwayne and I get excited and motivated for this October. This year's 1812 event falls on Dora's birthday, October 10th. I am going to try and figure out how to have an 1800s like birthday for her.

My little girls really enjoyed their first day of the Mega Sports Camp. Great job to Tonya and everyone who is helping out. The kids all looked like they were having a good time. Brighton had to leave early last night, but I know he is looking forward to helping out the rest of this week.

This week is State Fair Band day on Wednesday. I am going to ride the bus with Sari and spend the whole day there. I took my kiddos a couple of years ago and it was so expensive for a family, that I am just going this year. I know Sari has greatly enjoyed band, but she is ready for a little down time. I am ready for her to have a little down time...lol.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sewing clothing scares me. I admire you for tackling such a huge job.

Thanks for the info on Mississinewa 1812. I googled it and I think I will try to go there this year. Of course Jack will be in the fields but I'll see if I can find someone to ride up with me. Maybe I'll see you all there!

It's nice to find out we have similar interest. I look forward to following your blog.