Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A little fun...

I am suppose to be starting on a coat for Brighton. I went through and organized all my material and I found that I had just enough wool left from Dwayne's coat to make a coat for Brighton, as long as I am careful doing it. But before I can do that, I have to piece together some kind of pattern to fit Brighton. Dwayne's pattern is way too big for Brighton. I have pattern I bought last year that has a very "costumey" look to it, but if I try I can work with it to make it period correct and it is in Brighton's size. On the coat in this pattern, the buttons are on for looks, not to actually button up, which means I have to add paper to the pattern to make it meet in the center so it can button up, making it more functional and period correct. So, I am spending time looking at Dwayne's coat pattern, this other pattern and trying to make them match up. This is takes time and I don't always have the time. Just getting all the pieces laid out, then to try and remember what I need to do next...well, this past weekend, I just did not have enough time to really work on it. So, I decided to try something else that I could pick up and do between activities. I read on someone else's blog about them using hand crocheted lace on a chemise. I know how to crochet, so I thought I would try this out and crochet the lace right onto a chemise that I had already made. It turned out really cool. This is for Dora. I hope you can see the edging there that I have added. I can't wait to do it to more, but today I have the time to work on Brighton's pattern, so that will have to take my time.

2 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

That looks really good! You do such a great job!

Unknown said...

That is a perfect touch. Looks really sweet.