Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A week has flown by...

On Friday morning I set aside all my sewing projects to begin packing for a family weekend camping trip. We have not been camping in so long and I had to really redo my thought process from sewing to camping. I can be a very one track mind person when I am working on projects or reading. We headed down south to Mitchell, IN to stay at Spring Mill State Park. They have an awesome 1800s pioneer village to explore and really wanted to walk through it again. I have a huge tent that is so easy to set up. I love tents, I have way more than I need. I actually love camping equipment. I am one of those weird people who enjoy washing the dishes in "heated over the campfire" water, I love cooking over an open fire and I absolutely love playing in the fire. We had a very nicely secluded campsite right next to a creek. The kiddos had plenty of space to play. It was just a wonderful weekend. We even got to have lunch with Dwayne's sister in Indy on Sunday afternoon and then do a little window shopping while we were in the big city.

Monday morning it was off to St. Louis for Dwayne. He is there all this week and when the cat is away the mice will play. I have stated this before, but when my dear hubby heads off on business trips, I really slack off and I really become quite reclusive. I stayed up past 2am on Monday night, watching movies and working on redoing some of my re-enacting clothing. I had to go to band meeting Tuesday evening and when I got home I had a hard time getting into the groove of sewing again, so I went to bed around 11pm, quite early for me when Dwayne is not here. I am looking forward to working on a new project today, my first set of real stays, I plan to stay up as long as it takes to get them done. Then tomorrow I will be doing tons of cleaning since my hubby will be coming home that night and I have to get the house back into the order he is use to seeing. I hope to post some pictures of the progress I will be going through to make the stays, it is all very interesting for me.