Friday, August 29, 2008

Our first meltdown.

I knew it would come, but I did think she would be able to make it at least the 3 days this week. Tobi cried this morning. There are boys at school that like to scare the girls, and she misses being at home, but between Daddy and I, we were able to calm the tears. We reminded her that we loved her, we missed her too, and that we are here when she gets home. Also, we pointed out what fun she has while she is there, that she likes her teacher, she has new friends to be with and that the weekend is coming. She has made some new friends at school, one we hear lots about is Tiffany Oren. They sit close by each other, plus Tobi remembers her from mega sports camp, so that helps.

Dora brought home a paper on soccer yesterday and since the deadline was Aug.30th, I quickly signed her up and mailed it out. The mega sports camp really got her excited about soccer and Dwayne and I are always on the look out for things for Dora to do, she needs to get out there and make friends. This little 3rd child of mine is a goofy one. She will occasionally talk of friends from school, but that is about it. Nothing about wanting to have them over, nothing about planning a huge birthday party with friends from school and no, absolutely no sleepovers for this girl. All my other kiddos like to do things with friends outside of school, even Tobi is already bugging me about wanting to invite a friend over for dinner, but not Dora. Besides grandparents, the only other place she will stay the night is at our friend's house, the Clouses. I think that is just because we do so much with them, that they feel like family to her.

Well, I am glad today is Friday, the kids will have a 3 day weekend to rest up before they return to school. Tobi may need all 3 days to recover. I do like the fact that the kiddos are kind of eased slowly back into school, 3 days this week, 4 days next week and then on the full school week. Tobi may need that slow transition, but I think in the end she will do fine. All of them will.

No comments: