Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sunshine...


What a beautiful week we have had!!!! The weather has been wonderful. My oldest kiddo left for band camp on Sunday, my son join the ranks of Jr. High Youth group, he was so excited and then we started out our week. Monday, Dora and Brighton went to play at the Clouse's house, so I offered t cook up dinner for us all, which meant a quick trip to Winchester to pick up just a few items. I decided to drive my litte ghia, so much fun, fun that is until the battery in the middle of Winchester, thank goodness for my wonderful hubby, who drove over to save me. We had a wonderfully relaxing evening with our friends. The kids have spending their days else where this week, which has give me ample time to work on Dwayne's new 1812 great coat, pictures will soon follow, I should finish it today.

The funniest thing about this week was Sari coming home from band camp last night very RED! Her comment was, "I thought there were places the sun just could not touch, but no, the sun knows no boundries." She was very tired, and she looked so much more grown up last night. It is kind of sad watching your kids grow up sometimes, knowing that they are increasingly learning how to make it out in the world without you. But it is a good thing too, when you get to see them making good decisions. Obviously a little more sun screen would have been a wise decision for my daughter this time...lol.

This summer is going by so quickly, I can't believe tomorrow is the 4th of July. We still have no takers on our house, so at this rate it is looking more and more like we may just stay here. As I have been meeting new people and enjoying hanging out with old friends, I am good with that. We are good with where ever God places us.

1 comment:

Marcella said...

Hey, just sent you an email...then thought I should just check out the blog. Sorry to hear about Sari's sun experience...those can be painful. Enjoy the 4th of July.