Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cousin Week

This week is cousin week at my Mother-in-law's house. Every summer she tries very hard to gather up all her grandchildren and have them at her house for an entire week. This should mean that I get an entire week without my lovely kiddos. LOL...yeah, right. Not my kiddos, something always comes up and since I am only 15 minutes away from her house...I go over there. This week has been even more messed up. Since my children are getting older, that usually mean there is more going on in their lives than just being able to relax in the summer. Sari has band every single day this week, Dora had violin lessons, and well, Tobi just doesn't want to stay every night. On Monday, I had to drive Sari and Brighton over in the morning, since they had youth group the night before and did not stay the night Sunday night. Back over at 2:30pm to pick up Sari, Dora, and Tobi, Dora for her violin lessons, Sari to drop off at the school to catch her ride to band, and Tobi because she didn't want to stay. Then, back over at 6:30pm to drop off Dora, since the house was being shown and it gave us somewhere to be, Tobi decided to stay, back over again at 10:30pm to drop Sari off to spend the night, pick up Tobi, who thought I was gone way too long, to stay the night back at home. Tuesday, Tobi stayed with me all day until I went over at 5:15pm to pick Sari up for band, then Tobi stayed with Grandma. Back over again at 10:30pm to drop off Sari and to find out that Tobi has decided she would like to stay the night...WOOHOO! So, now this Wednesday morning...no kids...my first and only morning of cousin week with no kiddos...yea! This is all short lived, because of course at 5pm I will be picking Sari up yet again to drop her off for band, then she will stay here tonight, since tomorrow, Friday and Saturday are band contests. So far, I have driven over 140 miles in 2 days of my week off...lol.

3 comments:

Marcella said...

WOW! Reading this reminded me of how crazy things here will get once football, golf, and tennis, combine with school and church activities this fall. Crazy, sure...since we only have one car, but, I find joy in being the taxie and sharing in my kids days. Motherhood...wouldn't trade it for anything!

Mommy pfohl said...

Wow! 140 miles?? Sounds like you've been in my van!!! I do that in a few days every week! ha! :) I hope you enjoy your morning of kid free! -mindy

Shelby-Grace said...

All I can say is "Wow!"