Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ironing...


Lots of ironing being done this week. Yep, every time I wash 100% cotton material have to spend hours ironing out the material. It is this hours of prep work that makes laying out the material for patterns, cutting the material and sewing the material so much easier. Kind of reminds of raising kids, all the prep work of discipline in the early years makes raising older kids so much easier. Most of my disciplining these days is more like a reminder of what they already know. But doing all that prep work in the beginning is hard to do. Ironing is just takes so long, feels like there is no end to it. Disciplining kids in the beginning is hard too, feels like you are just being the meanest person in the whole world. But it makes a huge difference in the end. Just looking at all the nicely ironed material that is just waiting to be laid out flat and easily ready for patterns to be set upon, so that it can be made into something nice, is so cool. Also, watching my older children grow, ready to do what they have been taught is right, knowing that I can hand them off to others and they will be respectful to them, and just watching them make decisions on their own, VERY COOL.

4 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Wow! I like the new look! Very fancy and so you! :) See ya! -mindy Oh, happy ironing!!! I just wear mine wrinkled! ha! See ya1

Marcella said...

I love the new look of your blog. Very outdoorsy... I like the way the living room looks. I cannot wait to see what all the material turns into. :)

Keym said...

I am a nerd, I like to iron. Really I do.

Cari said...

Keym you are a nerd!!!