Monday, April 7, 2008

A very Good weekend.

How in the world is possible to be calm in the middle of such chaos? Our house is a huge chaos zone right now. I was going to post pictures this morning, but I was afraid I would scare everyone. Friday night we all went out to town for a good dinner and to buy the necessary supplies to start our house work on Saturday. We all got up bright and early Saturday morning, packing and moving things out of the living room and kitchen. I had been packing all week, so Dwayne and Brighton, my big strong men, carried those boxes out to the garage. All of Dwayne's beautiful wooden cabinets had to be taken out. It was all very tiring. Then around lunch time our friends the Clouses came over and the painting began. Four girls headed out back and painted trim outside. Dwayne kept checking their progress and was singing their praises on how well they were doing and how quick they were. Inside it was Patty, me and the boys priming my beautiful dark green and tan walls. Not so beautiful when it takes 2 coats of primer to hide that dark green. With their help we got the entire living room primed and part of the kitchen. There is no where to really relax in my house right now. Saturday night I was exhausted. It was a long day and I went to bed before 9pm.

Sunday morning dawned bright and early for me as I headed off to church to try and remember how to run Sunday mornings in the A/V booth. It was different but good. I enjoyed chatting with Dennis and Brian, I enjoyed hearing the sermon, twice. It was a good sermon to hear, because I was able to compare Dwayne and I's attitude about this move to the sermon to see if we were cooperating or manipulating. I really believe...and I did hear it twice, so I thought hard about this...I really believe we are cooperating. It was a really good reality check for me.

Sunday night was a baby shower at youth group for Jamie and Bryan. It was so much fun. I am so glad I got to work on it for her. She did a great job of acting surprised with each package of diapers she unwrapped, the teens seemed to really enjoy it. It was kind of a hard night, because I am seeing so many things I am going to miss when we leave. I am sooooo going to miss hanging out with the teens. I had visitors from 2 of my favorite youth group guys on Sunday afternoon and then just being around all the teens Sunday night...it just makes me sad. Also, hanging out and chatting with all the adults, I am going to miss that as well. I was really looking forward to getting to know Tonya Pinkerton much better, I was just getting to know Keym, and I am so going to miss the great friendship I have with Jamie.

All in all, even with all the mess around me, the stress as I try and get things done, it was really a wonderful weekend. I love this town, this area and my church. Thank you so much to all of you who are being so supportive through this interesting time in our lives!!!

1 comment:

Mommy pfohl said...

I vote for pictures! If you don't do it... I will! I will stop by your house and sneak a few! =) I'm really glad that you have had so much peace and been calm through this! I envy you because I'd be a basket case! I'm moving across town and I'm a basket case! Hang in there! Wish I could help... some day! =) -MIndy