Friday, April 4, 2008

The Psalms...

I am finally in the Psalms in my bible reading. I have never really read through the Psalms, they just seemed way out of my knowledge of understanding. I am reading through them right now and I am seeing tons of the songs we sing today in church that come straight from the Psalms. (I am sure everyone already knows this.) I think I am noticing this more just because I put the songs in the computer for church and I am now even more aware of the words.

Anyways, I was reading on Tuesday night and I needed to to get to Psalm 25 in order to go onto my next day, but for some reason I just got too tired and stopped at Psalm 19. Wednesday we met with our Realtor and I could almost start to worry...thoughts were coming in, I was trying to ward them off, but they kept coming in. That night I started my reading with Psalm 20 and I feel that this was God's way of calming me.

Psalm 20

For the director of music. A psalm of David.
1 May the LORD answer you when you are in distress;
may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.

2 May he send you help from the sanctuary
and grant you support from Zion.

3 May he remember all your sacrifices
and accept your burnt offerings.
Selah

4 May he give you the desire of your heart
and make all your plans succeed.

5 We will shout for joy when you are victorious
and will lift up our banners in the name of our God.
May the LORD grant all your requests.

6 Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed;
he answers him from his holy heaven
with the saving power of his right hand.

7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

8 They are brought to their knees and fall,
but we rise up and stand firm.

9 O LORD, save the king!
Answer [a] us when we call!

But we trust in the name of the Lord our God, this will be what I keep reminding myself through this time of uncertainty. No matter what happens, I will trust in the name of the Lord my God!

2 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Cari!
Thanks for your posting and have a good weekend.
I loved this blog.

Mommy pfohl said...

WOw! Isn't amazing How God allows things to come right when you need them? Had you read that the other night, it might not have affected you so strongly. That's awesome! I'm praying for you! -Mindy