Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easy to be discouraged...

Have you ever noticed how easy it can be to be discouraged? We spoke with our Realtor today and we have a lot of work ahead. I so badly want to feel anxious, overwhelmed, discouraged...all that, but something inside keeps telling me no. I am just so scared through all this. There is a lot to be done, I keep wondering is this really the right thing for us...should we really move? But, even through all these feelings, I still feel that we are being called out to move. To trust God has something else in store for us. But what? Dwayne and I are both doing God's work right here in Farmland, we are involved in activities at church, our children are involved as well...why leave? And really, why have no anxious feelings about leaving? I will miss people, but to have such a peace about such a scary thing? What really scares me is the fact that I keep having this excitement about waiting to see what God is going to do. I mean, everything is against us in selling the house, not much is selling, the prices are very low, we need to sell fast and we need at least a certain amount to finish things just here...all against us, but we have God on our side and I just keep thinking He has a great plan in store...He is going to wow us...we will only be able to say that it is through Him that this was done. That is what I am the most excited about, but I also reminded that even if He doesn't do it, we still will follow Him. We still will praise Him...
So easy to be discouraged, but no need to be when in God's hands.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(daydreaming) Bass fishing at Lake Texoma.....awwwwwwww

Mommy pfohl said...

You know, all was against us when they told us Joey may never walk... and well, he terriorized your house on foot! So, I know God will do this. I think he takes great pleasure in working in the impossible siutations! I think he knows it brings us to a point of total reliance on him. not an easy place to be! I'm with ya on that! Hang in there. I know God will do what is in His heart for you and no matter what external looks like... HE works all things for the good of those who Love HIm! Later! -Mindy

Marcella said...

I've known you for how many years now...if anyone can make this transition gracefully, it is you. I had all of those same thoughts, but I wouldn't change a thing about us moving south. God is in control and He will see everything through. I'll call ya soon!

bryan vickery said...

you know we love you and wish the best for you (and we'd happily move south if called to do so!), but part of us doesn't want that house to sell! we'll miss you guys!