Monday, April 28, 2008

So Close, Yet so far...

We had really hoped to be done with enough stuff to put the house on the market this week. We are close, but it may take a few more days. Dwayne has done a wonderful job on our counter top. I love that we are learning how to do all this home improvement stuff, because I am sure it will come in very handy with the next house. My little girl's room is pretty much packed up and ready for a fresh coat of paint. Brighton's room is getting closer. Sari's room is no where near ready, but in her defense, she had a lot of it cleaned up earlier and I used her room for storage, so a lot of the mess in her room is not even hers. If I work hard during the school days, I should be able to get their rooms all painted this week.

This past weekend was great! Family fun night at the church on Friday was a lot of fun. I must confess, I was not feeling that great on Friday and I even debated on whether to go or not, but I am glad I did. I brought a few extra kiddos with mine, which added to the fun. It was really funny to see the seriousness of the ping pong tournament. A huge congrats to PK for winning the golden paddle. I very much enjoyed chatting with people I don't get to talk with very often. Makes me kind of sad that we are leaving, because I feel like I keep talking with people and I wish I would have gotten to know them better sooner. I loved helping dish out ice cream for everyone and then making my very own banana split. The time was just right too. Two hours was perfect and then I took my kiddos home and put them to bed...Perfect.

Saturday morning Dwayne took us all out for breakfast, which was a nice get away for all of us. Then Sunday was a wonderful day at church. With all this work going on, sometimes it is hard to take the time to go to church. It would be easy to just stay home and work, but Dwayne and I are both very glad we went. The sermon was very good and so was the worship time. It is really nice to belong to a church that feeds you right where you are at.

1 comment:

Mommy pfohl said...

Shall we have a contest to see who gets packed first?? Ug! My body hurts tonight! You should see what all i did today... I felt like gumby at times trying to squeeze into cabinets and closets!!!! -Mindy