Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tired...

I am just feeling tired. Do you ever have those days? I spent all day yesterday painting. I primed the kitchen while my friend Matt Clouse put the final coat of paint on the living room and hallway walls, he even made it into some of the kitchen. He was a great help yesterday. I still need to do a little more primer in the kitchen today and then I will be ready for the last coat of paint. On Tuesday I almost had my house back in some kind of usable fashion, but after yesterday we are back to no where to sit, no where to eat, no where to cook and no where to relax. After this weekend we should have just about everything done that we want to get done in the living room and kitchen, then it will be time to move onto the kiddos rooms. Sari and Brighton's rooms will not be too bad, they have already started working on their rooms, but Dora and Tobi's room is so buried in their stuff I am not even sure how to work on that one.


Last night was our growth group. We enjoyed our discussion questions, with the last question being the hardest to answer...How can you begin to stop trying to manipulate God and start cooperating with Him? Wow...exactly how do we do that? Sometimes we are manipulating even when we don't realize it. It is a fine line between giving over our lives to God and doing what it is we think He expects us to do. We all decided it would be really nice if God sent us an email every morning with His agenda for the day and we could just follow it...lol. I guess this week will be spent remembering our verse for this week: Matthew 4:7 Jesus answered him, "It is written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'" I keep comparing all this to Dwayne and I's plan to move to "Are we testing Him?" I keep coming back to the peace we have, the fact that we did not go looking for this, some confirmations we have felt from different sources, and the fact that we are ok either way...moving or not moving. I guess at this point...only time will tell...we will just simply wait.

4 comments:

Keym said...

Their rooms can't be as bad as all that, I was helping a friend clean his room (that he shared with his little brother) and I sat on a roast beef sandwich with all the works! Cole had it on his bed at the foot right where I decided I would take a break.
Moral of the story... if there is no food or bugs your good! :0)

Cari said...

Well Keym, I was going to take pictures, but then I had the little girls clean yesterday and it looks tons better. I know I would find food, and hopefully no bugs...lol.

Keym said...

lol good times

bryan vickery said...

"there's a fine line..."

this comment kept coming up at our growth group this week too. it's difficult to see at which point faith becomes presumption.