Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ok...a new day...

I think I have finally kicked my grumpy mood. Dwayne has been working hard this week on the finishing touches on the living room and kitchen. He hung some trim yesterday and he also started on the counter top. I really can't wait until the counter top is done, because I want my kitchen sink back. I spent yesterday packing and cleaning my little girls' room. It felt so go to get some of that clutter done with. Today I go back to painting...oh boy...more painting...I can't wait...NOT!

This past weekend I spent at a Women of Joy conference, not necessarily a conference I would normally go to, but my mother-in-law wanted to take me and my 2 sister-in-laws, so I went. The speakers were really good. I really felt like God was answering 2 of my biggest concerns in this whole move thing, which was really good for me. But one thing I found interesting was the fact that 2 of the speakers warned against listening to Oprah. Now the funny thing was that I had just been talking to Mindy last week and she was telling me about a video she had been sent where Oprah was talking about God being a jealous God and that she (Oprah) did not like the fact that God was jealous of her. So, she then went onto discuss a more "new age" type of spirituality. So, after having Mindy mention this to me and then to go away to a conference and hear them even talking about how far off the path Oprah has gone....it is really scary. This really reminds of how it will be with the Antichrist...Oprah is highly respected, she has a huge following of people who listen intently to every word she says and she has both Christian and non-Christian listeners. Anyways, here is a link (Oprah video) to her discussing her new religion, but there are many more of these clips on youtube.com, just put in Oprah and religion.

P.S. I just want to add, I really don't think Oprah is the Antichrist, I think she shows us in just a small way how it will be with the antichrist.

4 comments:

Pink is God's said...

She is definately an antichrist. Someone who is anti what Christ teaches. But I don't believe she is the antichrist: "Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God."
Evidently, in more than one place in the Bible, God talks about the antichrist being a man. So I think that would rule out Oprah. Plus I don't think she's intelligent enough to be the antichrist. Those comments on God being a jealous God were ridiculously misguided and ignorant.

Cari said...

Well, I agree, I don't think she is the antichrist. I just said this reminds me of what it will be like with the antichrist. Who ever that person is will have this kind of power...kind of like she is having over people. And no matter how ridiculously misguided and ignorant her comments are, people are listening to her.

Shelby-Grace said...

I went with a friend to a Women of Faith conference back in the day when they first started doing them. We had a pretty good time too. I was wondering if they still had the same speakers...who did you hear?

Cari said...

The speakers were REALLY good, 2 of them used bible verses that ended up answering 2 of my concerns with this whole move thing. The speakers were Priscilla Shirer, Liz Curtis Higgs, Kay Arthur, and Sylvia Harney. It was worth going just to hear them speak.