Friday, September 28, 2007

Just some thoughts today...

You have to love a book with the title..."Going all the Way"? I know I can't wait to read it. The cool thing is I will get a free copy for just blogging about it. It looks like all you have to do is blog about it and you get a free copy. Just go to this blog to learn more.

My sewing is coming along nicely. Have you ever noticed the more you read something the more sense it starts to make. In an earlier post I compared the bible to trying to understand pattern instructions. Well, I have put together 2 dresses and the pattern almost made sense. Of course, keep in mind I have reread the instructions many times.

Now, this causes me to think of passages in the bible that I have read and reread many times. I must say for some odd reason, the passages about Samson are some of my favorite. I cannot tell you how many times I have read through these passages, Judges 13-16, but each time I pick a little more wisdom out of it. I even did a short lesson for a Christian school chapel time once. My favorite piece of wisdom comes from Delilah trying to find out the source of Samson's strength. She keeps asking, she keeps nagging, and she keeps wearing him down until he finally tells. Now, my first thought was, "How stupid can this guy be...every time he tells her something it happens to him?" (Judges 16:6-21) But isn't this exactly what Satan will do to us? He puts the thought into our head, and if we do resist the first time, he will keep doing it...keep asking, keep nagging and keep wearing us down until we give in. But even if we do give in, which will happen if we try to fight him on our own, we can still be redeemed by God, just like Samson. (Judges 16:22-31) Samson calls out to God and ends up killing more Philistines in his death than during his life. It always is a good reminder to me that there is nothing that can separate me from God's love once I accept Him.

No comments: