Monday, September 17, 2007

A Wonerful Day!


Well, all the hard work finally paid off. I finished Dwayne's pants about 1am Sunday morning and worked on button holes on the way, but everyone had outfits to wear for our first reenactment. We went for just the day and had wonderful time. Now we can't wait until we go to Mississinewa 1812 (http://www.mississinewa1812.com/), we will do that for the whole weekend. I need to start on some warmer things for that, but after looking at all the cool clothing yesterday, I am excited to start on them. I may take a day or two before I start right into the sewing. The one funny thing about all this is that I wanted to get there in time to see the fashion show that they had going on. Well, we got there just in time and as we were hurrying down to find a seat all of us girls got called down to show off our clothing in the fashion show. I guess I must have done a good enough job. Very cool! We went with our friends the Clouses. They have been doing reenacting for a long time and are being very helpful in getting us all ready. They are even going to be letting us stay with them the weekend of Mississinewa. Just so you know, we are dressed to portray pirates of the time. Here are some more pictures of the family.

Patty C., Sara C., Sari, Matt C., Emily C. Brighton & Dora


Sari, Sara C. & Dora.
Dora


















Dwayne & Tobi


Dwayne & Cari


Brighton & Jeremiah C.


On the way home we stopped for dinner at Cracker Barrel in all of our cool clothing. We got a few looks. Then it was on to home, showers and off to bed. I was so ready to go to bed without doing any sewing first. I think we are all planning on looking into more events to go to as well in the next few years. It is so nice doing this with another family. It makes the whole trip better for the kids to have friends to hang out with. Sari and Sara C. will be missing Mississinewa, because they will be off to Washington, D.C. with their class. We will really miss them.

4 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Just one question: do the guns work? That would be so cool... and very authentic :-)

Mommy pfohl said...

I Hope that the guns do not work! =) Anyways... very cool looking. It looks like a lot of fun! Wow! I was going to call you today, but I have been so busy that I just haven't had a chance (not one phone call today!) Anyways... looks great! Good job and congrats on getting to be in the fashion show! =)

Cari said...

Hey...just so you know, the guns do work, in fact, in October the camp we are staying in will be part of their own battle, with blanks of course.

Mommy pfohl said...

Let's pray they are all blanks! =) Whew... I'd be jumpin'!