Monday, September 24, 2007

long weekend...or short weekend?

Oh one hand, this felt like a long weekend, but then on the other hand it went by so fast. Brighton spent Friday and Saturday at a friend's house, he even got to camp out Saturday night by a campfire, a good boy-like activity. Sari had friends over both Friday and Saturday night and they got to spend Saturday shopping. Dora and Tobi spent Saturday and Saturday night with Grandma Nancy. And me...I spent Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night at church. By the end of Sunday night...I was just plain tired. You know...the kind of tired where you know that when you finally lay down in bed it will feel so good! That is how it was for me. And on top of all this...my hubby is still out in the boonies of Nebraska. Now, I am very lucky, my kids do really well when their dad is out of town. They are very helpful around the house, the do as they are told, all in all, very good. But I am really missing my hubby all the same.

In the end, it really doesn't matter if it was a long weekend or a short weekend....today is Monday and it is time to start another busy week. As I look at how busy next weekend is for me again....I am kind of hoping for a long week...hahahaha.

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Girl, you are non stop! I am praying for you with your hubby being gone. I know I'm miserable when Jeff is gone. I miss him tons. He's not just a hubby, he's daddy and he's my friend. So... my prayer goes out for ya! TOMORROW! THE END OF WAITING! =)

Cari said...

You are not going to believe this...they have moved his coming home time again...early, early Wed. morning now...Grrrrr!