Friday, September 21, 2007

Ummm...burned out...maybe not?

Ok, this has been an interesting week. My friend came over on Wednesday and told me he was burned out on re-enacting. Well, as it turned out, he was not totally burned out...just really tired of the drama. After he talked with another guy that he re-enacts with, they have decided to try some new ideas to lessen the drama. So.....we are back on for a fun filled weekend at Mississinewa 1812! Yea!!! Of course, this means I really do have to start sewing again. But I am very excited.

Totally different note...my hubby is way out in the boonies of Nebraska. What started out as a quick 3 day trip, will now stretch out to a long 6 day trip. Now, Dwayne's business trips don't really bother me much, but I am really missing him this week. I am sure he will wow the client with his awesome skills....he has some cool skills. The company brings in Dwayne when they need some fires put out. Normally, he would have lots of fun with this. He likes being able to go in and fix problems, but he was not ready for this trip and he has so much stuff here at home he wants to do.

Lastly, our church had the building to bless leadership meeting tonight. I turned in Dwayne and I's pledge card. It made me a little nervous, like I was writing the numbers wrong or something. Not only did I turn in Dwayne and I's pledge card, but I also turned in one for Sari and one for Brighton. I am proud of them for stepping up and doing their first building campaign. This is a great faith step for my kids. I can't wait to see how God blesses the church and the surrounding community.

2 comments:

bryan vickery said...

you have some awesome kids, and they have some awesome parents :o)

Mommy pfohl said...

High five! You guys are great and I think it is so cool to see your kids walking this spiritual journey with you and so willingly. Absolutely awesome!