Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Wait is almost over...

I feel like a love sick teenager as I wait very anxiously for my hubby to come home. First it was, "I will be home late Saturday afternoon." Then it was, "I will be home Tuesday afternoon." Now it is, "I will be home at like 2:00am Wednesday morning." At least this last one must be true because he just called me from the Denver airport, so unless weather delays them, he is finally on his way home. Normally, his business trips don't faze me much, but he has been really worked hard on this trip and sometimes he can't even call me at night. Then, even when he does, he is so tired he can't talk long. It has been hard not being able to at least talk to him.

Sometimes I think it makes me look like less of a woman, mom or wife, if it looks like I miss him too much, like I just can't do it on my own. It's not that I can't do it on my own, it is that I don't want to do it on my own. Just like living my life with God in it. I have seen lives that only kind of depend on God, don't depend on Him at all, or depend on Him only every great once in awhile. I don't want that kind of life. I know that I do want to depend on Him, even when I am not totally sure how to do it, I just know I want to. And then, not only do I want to learn more about how to depend on God, I want my kids to learn it as well. I have always found it interesting that the closer you get to your spouse, the more you seem to understand God's love and the closer you get to God, the more you seem to love your spouse.

Ok, it is getting late and I feel like I am just rambling. I will try and make better sense another night. I think I am going to go and wait my 5 hours until my hubby will be home.

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Girl- I think it makes you more of a woman because you miss your husband. God intended a marriage to act as "one" and when he is not here and not apart of things, you are missing half of who you are. Completely understandalbe and just goes to show that your life is in right alignment. You have a healthy marriage and you love spending your life with that man you married... what's so bad about that? =)

Cari said...

Thanks, Mindy, you are right, this is just something I have always struggled with...not sure why. Just like the first time I said...um...my husband is the head of our house. Those words are much easier today than they were about 5 years ago. It is just amazing what God does with our attitudes when we give everything in our life over to Him. Thanks for all the encouragement this week!!!!