Thursday, March 13, 2008

Reading the Bible...

I have stated before that I am working my way through the bible. I started a 90 days journey through the whole bible in February of 2007 and I am just now in Job. Obviously, I am way behind, but I am still going on, because I really want to read the bible all the way through, no matter how long it takes. Anyways...why is the book of Job so long? What exactly is being said in the whole book, does it really take that many chapters to say what is being said? I finished chapter 32 last night and I was wondering why I have such a hard time understanding what is being said. Then I realized that at different points in my Christian walk I have better understood different parts of the bible. It seems like I will finally get what is said this book, this chapter, or this verse depending on where I am in my walk with God. So, this all got me to anticipating the day that I will understand Job. There will be a place in my walk, there will be something going on and I will read Job and it will make sense to me. I am very thankful to God for giving us His living word to guide us through our lives.

On a another note, it has been announced that Saturday night services will be finished on March 22nd. Unfortunately, I will miss this last Saturday night service. I really hate to miss it, since I was there for the very first Saturday night and I have spent so many Saturday nights at our church. I have very much enjoyed Saturday night church. I love the music, I really thank Bruce Grimes for the wonderful selections of music he has picked out over the year. There have been quite a few nights that I would have a hard time sitting still while doing the power point for the music. Oh my, so many times I would forget to go to the next slide because I was so into the music. Poor Bruce has had to deal with me...lol. Not to mention poor Dennis who had to listen to me sing. I hate to see Saturday nights go, but because we do not have enough volunteers in the A/V department it is probably for the best. I will now be able to help out on Sundays and that will be greatly needed for the volunteers on Sunday who have not had a break in a very long time, so that does make me very excited about this new move.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I like your dedication to complete something even though you are a little behind. I accept defeat too easily! As soon as I'm behind in something, I just completely stop! Even bible reading goals!