Monday, March 31, 2008

Back Home...

...for now. We finally got back home about 3am on Saturday morning. We spent Saturday and Sunday with our parents and now it is back to regular old life for us. Well, with one exception... the decision has been made for us to move to Texas. The company Dwayne works with has asked him to move to one of their offices and we spent last week in Texas checking out the neighborhoods and towns to see if we would like it down there. It is a very nice area, so it looks like we might be making it our home. Of course, this is all dependent on us selling our home here. This was not an easy decision. I have lived in this area pretty much my whole life, I thought it would be really hard to even think about moving, but I have not had any anxious feelings with this decision. Dwayne and I have been praying about this since February when the company first brought up the subject. We did not tell many people, just because we did not know what would come of it. Of course, my oldest kiddo announced it at youth last night, so many people will already know. And I know my other kids are going to be telling people today at school, so I thought I better announce it to some adults with a few details. We have no plans to move before this school year is done. We are going to start looking into what we need to do to sell the house. So, if anyone knows anyone at all that might be interested in a 4 bedroom, 1 and 1/2 bathrooms house with a huge 4 car garage, let us know!

5 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Well, I'll be the first to comment that I am very sad to have my friend moving away, however, I am glad for you guys to be getting this awesome opportunity. It will be exciting to see what God has in store for you and what will be taking place in this new chapter of your life. I am always willing to be a packing buddy in between all my chaos... Ok, so that basically means, I'm not much good to ya! But I'll call ya every day and talk you through your packing even if I'm driving to an appointment! =)

Keym said...

BOOOOO!
I was sad when your "kiddo" announced it last night. Nathan and I were looking forward to getting to know you guys and hitting up The Melting Pot

Cari said...

Hey...we aren't leaving tomorrow, we might still be able to get in a Melting Pot trip, but yes I am sad that we did not end up with more time to get to know each other.

Pink is God's said...

I don't like you anymore!

Kris Sorensen said...

So let me see if I've got this straight - you won't be moving until you get your house sold? That's fantastic! It takes like 2+ years to sell a home around here. We've got plenty of time to hang on to you guys ;-)

Which city are ya'll moving to?