Tuesday, February 12, 2008

While dad is away...

While dad is away...the rest of us will play. Kind of weird how it worked out, but Dwayne left on Sunday before I got back from my Winter Sneak weekend. So, whenever my hubby goes on one of his business trips I get a little relaxed in my usual cleaning mode. I mean after all, if he is not here to be bothered by the mess...hey why clean it up? I would be a very messy person if it were not for my wonderful hubby. Last night after Brighton and I put the finishing touches on his science fair project, the kids and I headed into Muncie to enjoy a shopping trip to Target and eating out at Rally's. I love Rally's, they are alittle more pricy than McDs, but much better in my mind. I really needed to stock up on a few things just in case we got this winter snow storm they were talking about, which we didn't, but if we had...we now have plenty of Pop Tarts to keep my kiddos filled.

We will all be glad to have Dwayne back tomorrow. Dora has mentioned every morning that she can't wait until he gets back home. I think the kiddos have gotten quite spoiled having their dad in the house all the time. But this has been a good trip for Dwayne, he really needed to get out for a bit. Dora was reminded yesterday morning that she is just very lucky that her dad still lives with her by some of the the kids who hang out at our house every morning waiting for the bus. It was really sad for me to listen to these other kids tell Dora that their dads were living in different states, one in Missouri and one in Florida, and how they won't get to see them until maybe spring break or summer. It was a tough reminder how much divorce hurts kids and why God hates divorce, not because He is keeping us from some happiness, but because He knows what kind of pain divorce really brings. I am glad that I really can not remember my parent's divorce, since they were only divorced for about a year and then remarried.

Well, I am thinking I may clean a little today. I guess Dwayne's freaky cleaningness has worn off on me and the dishes are piled higher than I like...lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright now... how do you change the back ground. You and pink and now tonya have all done this... my blog is BORING!!!! Glad things are going ok. Hope it is a great time when Dwayne is back. ;)

bryan vickery said...

Jme has a different philosophy on house cleaning:

"Finally, Bryan is out of the house. I can actually clean without him making another mess before I finish!"

Personally, I like your philosophy better. I'd love it if Jme slowed down to relax for once. The baby will force her to slow down, but I'm not sure how much relaxing she'll get...

DW-ya said...

Cleanliness is next to Godliness. - I Dwayne 3:16