Sunday, February 10, 2008

A great weekend!

I just spent the weekend at Quaker Haven Camp with a bunch of teens for a cool Winter Sneak weekend. We only had 4 teens go from our church, but they are some of my favorite to hang out with anyways. I also got to see some teens that I have not seen in a long time and it was fun catching up with them. I am very fortunate that my daughter does not mind that I go to these events. I really have been enjoying watching her leave her comfort zone and go out and chat with new people. In the begining when I would go, she would usually stay close to me. I can be a very chatty person, so she would stay by me and I would be the one chatting with the new people, but this weekend I watched her talk with different girls and she seemed much more sure of herself. She hung around me only about a couple of times. I love watching my kids moving towards their independence, but I also love letting them know I am always here when they need me.

On a side note, James has finally came up with a nickname for me, but the mean man is making me wait until the next newsletter comes out....I am so sad....:(

3 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

You can tell your good friend who keeps all the good secrets! =) Glad you had a great weekend and sorry you came home to your friend in her usual crisis!

bryan vickery said...

Great weekend!

I was a big fan of the taxi race. It was hilarious watching the teams of three topple over on top of eachother!

Kris Sorensen said...

Thanks for being a part of the youth ministry team - glad you had a good time.