Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Today is only FEb. 5th...

Today is only Feb. 5th, but at the very end of this month is Dwayne and I's Fourth actual wedding anniverisary (Dwayne always says...4th anniverisary, but it feels like 16 years....lol). It will be the very first anniverisary that we will celebrate without a child under the age of one. I am excited. We are really hoping to be able to possibly get away, just the two of us. I am a huge fan of dating (dating between spouses, not my 14 year old daughter dating). I really love dates with my hubby. In fact, we are really due for a date sometime soon. We also love to double date, that is always fun. What is really funny is that over the years, all my kids love it when we go out too. In the past when they would have a babysitter, they loved having that attention from someone besides mom. Now that they are older they just love having the house all to themselves. It is even better when mom and dad go out with friends that have kids, because then they get to hang out with other kids, in their house, without any parents...every kid's dream. It works out really well when we go out with the Clouses. Their children are in the same age range as my 2 oldest, so that puts a lot of older children in the house. The only downside is sometimes when we come back home, I am a little bit afraid to walk into the house. For some odd reason, when you leave a bunch of kiddos in charge....the house can become quite a mess. I always carry my cellphone, for those rare "emergencies". Let me think of some examples for you...
  1. Sari: Ummmm....mom, can we have pop to drink?
  2. Sari: Dora is not listening to me.
  3. Brighton: Ummm...mom, I just knocked out Dora's tooth...she called me fat, so I went to kick her, she moved and I kicked out her tooth.
  4. Sari: Can we watch (insert title of movie)?
Anyways you get the idea. Their "emergencies" are the same kind of questions I get when I am home. I think I am really ready for another date night...lol.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I'm all about dating your spouse, I think it's great and I think James and I are due also! Maybe I'll put the bug in his ear!

Cari said...

Maybe a double date some time soon, Tonya?