Monday, November 19, 2007

A wonderfully busy weekend!

It was a wonderfully busy weekend. Friday night, Dwayne and I went out to Vera Mae's in Muncie with Matt and Patty Clouse. That is a very NICE place to eat, but we needed to get home at a decent time, because I had to be up bright and early on Saturday morning to work for Angel Food. Even though I have to wake up at 5:30am to make it down to the church by 6:00am to count food, I would not miss a Saturday! I love being there, I love talking with people and just basically helping out where needed. I think everyone should be ordering Angel Food. It is only $25 for tons of food and the church's pantry gets a free order after so many are ordered...SO, not only are you doing something nice for yourself, you are helping others. December has my kids absolutely favorite special, 10lbs of chicken tenders for only $16.00. I also wake up Brighton and Dora to go and work with me, they love helping out and you can tell that people are really getting use to seeing them there. Dora wears her roller skate barbie shoes and everyone just waits to see if she is going to fall down or not. She is getting much better at wearing them.

Dwayne came by and picked up Dora to take her and Tobi into Muncie to hang out with their grandma, so Brighton and I headed home. Brighton, Sari and I then did a quick clean up of the living room and kitchen and then just chilled until Dwayne got back home. Right now my kids are very much into the Full House tv shows, thanks to Kim Cunningham, who keeps them well stocked. Dwayne got home and we all started working on Dwayne and I's new bedroom. I got up into the attic area and helped lay insulation. That was hard work, but still really fun, then we moved on to drywall. The room is really starting to take shape. Sari is very anxious to help as much as she can, because the sooner this room gets done the sooner she can move two little sisters out of her room.

After helping Dwayne out in the room, I cleaned up and headed over to church to work A/V for Saturday night church. I love Saturday night church. It is really my refreshing time. Everyone seems so much more laid back and the music is just awesome. Bruce picks out the very best songs and I just love listening to the worship team. PK does a great job on the sermon, it is just a wonderful night. If you have not tried Saturday night church yet...you should!

Sunday brought more work on the new room, but my wonderful hubby took the whole family out for a wonderful lunch, a little grocery shopping (for Thanksgiving...yea!) and then back home. Then Sari and I were off to youth group. Youth group is always great, but this night we headed off to do a little surprise serving. The kids had a great time and I enjoyed listening to all the chatter going on in my van as I drove around. Then it was back home, putting kiddos to bed and then....my favorite, watching a movie with my hubby before bed.

I thank God for such wonderfully busy weekends. I feel so blessed to have a wonderful family to spend time with and to work with, blessed to have wonderful friends to hang out with, and blessed to have a wonderful church to belong to, be part of, and to volunteer in. WONDERFUL!

And yes...I do know I used wonderful way too many times...lol.

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Could thing you remained wonderfully aware that you wonderfully used wonderful just a few times! =) Nut! Anyways, Glad you had such a "wonderful' weekend. Sounds wonderful my wonderful friend!

DW-ya said...

And you are blessing to all of us (the family) and those you are around. :)