Monday, November 12, 2007

A New Challenge!

At youth last night, Pastor James issued a new challenge to all the teens. Can you read and memorize John 1:1-18 by Christmas? I mean come on, just 18 verses by Christmas? I have many '80s songs memorized, I have the lines to many movies memorized...including the Holy Grail, so surely I can memorize 18 verses from the word of God. I am planning to take that challenge and I really hope I can do it. I am a little ashamed to say I never seem to take the time to memorize scripture. I have always wanted to, but just never made the effort. It will be interesting to see if the kids out do me on this. Wish me luck on this...and have you ever memorized any scripture?

4 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Well, I thought you meant read as in read those 18 verses one time before Christmas, but then reading on... I realize the challenge is to memorize! Do we need to work on our grammor here my friend??? =) Well, I hope you do well in the challenge. I have a few memorized, but mostly the ones that I use OFTEN for comfort in stressful events (ok, so must be that I use them everyday... ha!) Happy memorizing!!!!

Cari said...

Oh, you are right...so, just for you, I have corrected my grammar. I must say, I never did well in grammar in school, I was more of a math person.

Mommy pfohl said...

Well, some would say you need to practice your counting!!! Ok, sorry... just a few reminders from the good ol' Angel Food days when I got to be there!!! You are awesome! Thanks for changing your grammar!!!

Marggy Hensley said...

I have memorized scripture in the past and am also memorizing John 1:1-18. I have the first 3 verses in my memory and am working on the next verse. Feel free to challenge me any time to recite these verses. I enjoy hiding His word in my mind and heart.