Wednesday, November 14, 2007

2 verses down...16 to go.

Dora and I sat down and began our memorizing Monday night. We memorized the first two verses of John 1. We started working on the next 5 verses, but we got distracted by some other passages. Dora recognized some other passages she wanted to read such as the feeding of the 5000 and Jesus turning water into wine. We took turns reading to each other until it was bed time. And then last night, Dora asked to borrow my bible, she can't find hers, to read for just a little bit. It is so nice to see her taking the time without be told or asked to read on her own. It looks like I could learn from her...lol.

1 comment:

Mommy pfohl said...

THAT'S AWESOME! You know, there can not be any greater joy than seeing your child seeking after God with their own desire. Tonight, I asked Abby if she could do better tomorrow with her behavior, she says "Yep, mommy cause jesus in my heart and he's helping me!" Too sweet! I think we could all learn from our children... hmm... must be why the Bible says "and a little child will lead them..."