Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The day before Thanksgiving...

I am really looking forward to this day. I am watching Claudia, who is the same age as Tobi and I have babysat her since she was 6 weeks old, so she and Tobi get along really well and they will spend the day playing, not asking tons of questions. So, all this to say...I am going to start baking today. I will start on my rolls first thing this morning. I am making tons for Dwayne's family tomorrow and then we are having dinner with friends on Friday night, so I will be making enough for that night as well. Then, I will move onto pie crusts, cookies and whatever else I think of. I just love this time of year.

Of course, this also means I will have to start in on my Christmas projects as well. I some ideas in my mind that I will want to get done before Christmas (I can't say what they are because little eyes might look here), but I will be very busy up to Christmas again this year. I must say though, my attitude towards Christmas is changing, I really like the idea of a slower, enjoyable season and not the hurried, let me buy you everything you ever wanted season. I know there are things my kids want, but really their lists have been really quite small this year, well, except for Tobi, who wants everything pink and princess like as possible.

I will say, I really love Thanksgiving. It is a fantastic day just to get together with family, enjoy some good food, and enjoy chatting with each other. All in all, it is my favorite holiday.

Happy "the day before" Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Mommy pfohl said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!