Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Good Time!

Ok, tonight is my last night at my conference. It has been a wonderful time, but I am ready to head home. I have enjoyed many seminars and general sessions. I am learning so many cool things. I got to walk around the exhibit hall with James and we were able to discuss some interesting ideas as we looked at booths. It means so much to me to come here and learn new things and to be encouraged as a parent that we can really make a difference in our kids lives. I have taken the time every night to enjoy the late night options, which included a night of illusion, comedy and tonight skits.

Everything has been great, but it so wierd staying in a hotel room all by myself. I really never do much all alone and I have never stayed in a hotel room all alone. I am tired though, I stay up very late and I naturally wake up early in the morning. I am really starting to see how hard it is on my husband when he goes away on business trips. I have been enivious of him, thinking he was so lucky to have all that alone time in his room at night, but it is not as much fun as I thought. Of course, Dwayne is learning what it is like to be home with kids and no spouse. It can be a little lonely as well. It is really good to see how the other side lives sometimes. I get to go home tomorrow and I will be ready!

1 comment:

DW-ya said...

(From the husband...) I did enjoy my time with the kids. What a job though!?! I really appreciate Cari for the things she does with the kids. The kids will ask me to do things and I'll say something like "You are capable of doing that" and they'll respond with "but mom always does that for us". I can't always tell if I'm being played or if mom actually does those things.

As far as being away on business trips, they can get pretty boring but it is re-charge time for me and I enjoy it.