Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Starting to slow down...

Today has been so busy. I did lay down for about 2 hours this morning after my all night sew fest. I got quite a bit done and even straightened up my sewing stuff afterwards. Then I headed into Muncie to do some much needed shopping for this coming weekend and a little for the following week. Together with my little shopping partner, Kaden Vickery, I went to about 3 different stores looking for the best deals. I even got a wonderful Starbucks peppermint latte with extra whip cream....yummy. When I got home I had to start getting my 3 oldest kiddos ready to go to concert with their dad. They were going to a Marine band concert and their band teacher told them to dress nice, no jeans. First of all, their dad would have made them dress nice, but second thing....Brighton doesn't have dress clothes. The boy just keeps growing. I keep buying things for him, or my mother finds some things, but I just buy what he needs to get through until the next growth spurt. So, sorry Mr. Band Teacher, Brighton was wearing jeans, (hint...hint...mom...Brighton needs size 32 black dress pants), a button down shirt that was really too small (hint... hint... mom... Brighton will need a men's med or large white dress shirt, just in case you see any ;)), but he did have nice looking sports coat on, thanks to my mom who bought him one at a resale shop. It was even hard to find dressy clothes for Sari and Dora, just because still so much of our stuff is packed up. (By the way....on 1 month to go today until our contract is up and Dwayne will tell the company we will not be able to move after all.) But they did all get dressed looking nice, although Dwayne wanted him and Brighton to wear ties, but someone still has all our ties....I will have to get those back. We only were able to get 4 free tickets to the concert, so Tobi and I stayed home while everyone in their fancy clothes headed out. I have been cleaning up the kitchen, putting away groceries, but I am not sure I can last much longer. I have a feeling I will sleep well tonight. Tomorrow I will work my only day of work this week, come home, take Dora to soccer, and then head to the important church business meeting. I will then have a very busy Thursday trying to get everything packed and read for us to leave Thursday night...we can't wait.

Quick answer to a question in the previous comments, Milah, I don't have an actual address for Mississinewa 1812. The only directions I have are 7 miles Norht of Marion, IN on State Road 15. Sorry I am not more help. Dwayne always does the driving and I have not paid much attention.

Well, I think I am really looking forward to sleep tonight. I love staying up, I get so much done, but I also love the feeling of being so tired that I really fall asleep when I finally do go to bed. I am one of those people who let their thoughts keep them awake way too long, but not tonight, I am way too tired to think...lol.

4 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Hope you got a good night's sleep! I am excited to hear Starbuck's has their peppermint latte's again. I looked the other day and didn't see it listed. I think I'll be making a stop soon:)

Cari said...

Tammy,

I just order them, they will make them up even when they are not on the menu. I am just glad to know there is someone else out there in the world that likes them like I do.

Unknown said...

Girl...you wear me out. I get exhausted just reading your blog!

Thanks for the directions. I hope to see you there.

Jimmy "Handi" Warner said...

Hello Cousin!

You mom sent me the link to your Blog while back, I Check in every once in awhile.

Come check mind out if you like!

www.jimmysthisandthat.blogspot.com Just started it last week, so progress is still in progress.

I will Check yours more and more. Nice re-enactment clothing, did you goto the Civil War Days?

It was our first year at Civil War Days.

Well I have to go, keep in Touch!

JJ