Tuesday, October 7, 2008

3 am...

So, what am I doing up at 3 am? Sewing...I bet anyone could have guessed that. I must say I love these all night sewing times, because it is the only time I get to work on my projects without anyone asking me questions. I am surprised that I am not just knocked out all the next day, but I seem to do just fine. A little tired, which might have shown on Sunday, because I was up in the A/V booth running the slides for both services...over 4 hours in a little sound proof room. Anyways, I stayed up all night Saturday night making a surprise birthday dress for Dora that she wanted, I went to bed around 6am only to get up at 7:15am to head off to church. So, if you thought the slides were a little behind on Sunday, now you know why...lol. Anyways, I am up tonight, getting more done than I thought I would. I just put the the finishing touches on Dora's birthday dress, I completely made my cape, made an apron, and now I am getting ready to start a new petticoat for Tobi and make a few quick neckerchiefs. I am doing this, because I really need to put my sewing stuff away sometime tomorrow and concentrate on packing and making food for this weekend. All the other little things that a mom has to do, so I will not be staying up any more nights, just sleeping.

By the way, for anyone who might be thinking about coming up to Mississinewa 1812 here is a little information for you:
  • Hours: Sat. 9am-5pm, Sun. 9am-4pm
  • Prices: At the door, Adults-$7, kids (6-11) $4, but some Marsh stores are offering advanced tickets, Adults-$5, kids $3. You might want to check that out.
  • If you are looking for us, we are the first campsite on your left side, by the river. We are with the River Rogues (Pirates).
  • There are TONS of merchants selling all kinds of cool things and foods, so be prepared, plus there is a really cool battle re-enactment that I think is done maybe twice a day...
  • Last thing, I know that I will be in a sewing information class on Saturday from 10am to about noon, but all my kiddos should be around.

Allrighty then...it is now 3:15am, I better get back to my sewing. I will hopefully get my picture software loaded to the new computer soon so that I will be able to post tons of pictures.

3 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Cari!! I was up until 1:30 a.m. and I thought that was late! I am amazed by your ability to still function the next day! I would be a zombie!!!

Unknown said...

My husband can function on little sleep but not me...I wish I could. I have a friend who stays up all night once a week to do her house cleaning. Not Me!

I hope to attend the Mississinewa 1812. Do you have an address I can punch into my GPS? I looked it up on their website and they don't give a specific address. That would be helpful.

Mommy pfohl said...

WOW!!! You go girl! What a woman1 Ok, so I can't function... I'm mean the next day! LOL! So glad you can pull it off though! -Mindy