Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mississinewa 1812 (2008)

It was a great weekend. Very cold on Thursday night, but the other nights were not too bad. The days were very warm, but the mornings were nice and cool. We all stayed busy and the time went by way too fast. We are looking forward to our next outing. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but it is easy to just get busy and forget about my camera.
Here are a few pictures I did take....
(Brighton and Jeremiah's camp)

(Brighton and Jeremiah doing card tricks.)

(Sari, Sara and Dora relaxing on the pier.)


(Our Camp)


(Our Kitchen)


(A view into camp)


(Sari and Sara's camp)


(Dwayne during the pirate and indian battle)


(A group breakfast)


(A group breakfast)


(Preparing ammunition for the battle)


(Dora playing the violin, she made lots of money)




(Brighton and Jeremiah chillin' at their camp)


(Dora opening her birthday presents with her new friend watching)


(Tobi checking out her handwriting with a candle lighting her way)


(Dora in her new birthday dress, while it was still clean)


(Dwayne during the indian and pirate battle)




(Matt telling Tobi to get to work)


(Sari and Sara enjoying a little boat ride)


(Sari and Sara coming up the hill)


(Dora and her friend playing under Capt'n Bob)


(Brighton taking wood to his campsite)


These are just a few pictures. It was a great time. Thanks to all those who came to came by to see us.

3 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Great pictures and looks like a nice weekend to be out there.

Unknown said...

What wonderful memories your family will have. My mother and I really enjoyed ourselves and plan to come back. I didn't see any pictures of you! I have one on my blog which you can save to your files. It looks like the kids had lots of fun and I know you worked really hard at making everything from clothing to food. I hope you take some time off just to rest.

Nathan said...

looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! love the pictures, and Dora playing the violin in her re-enactment clothes is just too cute!