Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Recovering...

Oh my goodness, my whole family was so tired on Monday. I had to go to work, the kids had to go to school, and Dwayne, well, he had to work, but it was in the comfort of our house. Monday evening Dora and I had to head off to town for her violin lessons and her soccer. Her teacher was very excited to hear how much Dora had practiced over the weekend (She played for about 5 hours, which is easy to do when people are paying you to do it, she better not get use to it though, I am not paying her to practice...lol.) Her teacher is getting ready to push her a little harder on some of her songs, so more practice. Off to soccer next, I always wondered if it was possible to wear my little super energy child out, and I have found out yes, it is possible. She was out there on the field doing her best, but I could tell the girl was very tired. Tonight is her last night of soccer which is good, I think she is tiring of it. Then I came home Monday night to find that my wonderful husband and 2 oldest kiddos had done tons of cleaning up of our re-enacting stuff. They sorted through all our totes, did up all the dishes, sorted out the laundry and made dinner!! What a wonderful surprise, this meant I would be able to pick up where they left off on Tuesday with my cleaning.

Tuesday came around and you could tell everyone is still a little tired, but starting to get back to the reality of life. I was very lazy Tuesday morning, but finally got started on laundry. I am not doing any sewing this week. I am trying to get all my projects sorted through and put away some extra material that is not needed right now. I did finally finish sewing the binding on my stays Monday night at the soccer game. Let me tell you right now, that really starts some interesting conversations, when you are sewing stays at a soccer game.

Today, still more laundry for me. I had to keep Tobi home today because she is running a slight fever. I am sure it is nothing serious, just a little cold. This week is going by so fast. Our weekend is not overly planned out, but still enough stuff to keep us busy. I will be in the A/V booth this weekend, so I will be at the church this Thursday night. I really enjoy working in the A/V booth. Brian Cline does an awesome job of keeping his volunteers informed, which is really nice.

Well...off to do the laundry now. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: