Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Knock on wood...

I THINK my family has pulled through this round of sickness without Dwayne, Sari or I getting sick, that is pretty good, only half of the family getting sick. Today I have my little neighbor girl, because her mom had to work and she has strep throat, so she will be resting here today.

Our family is preparing for our next weekend re-enactment. We will be going to Muster on the Wabash. My kiddos will be missing on the usual Halloween/fall festival activities, but they are good with that, they are looking forward to doing another re-enactment event. We know nothing about this event, we have turned in out application and we will just be heading down and hoping it will go well. Our friends the Clouses are not going to be able to go, but the other family we camped with at Mississinewa 1812 will be going with us, so we will not be all alone. It will be good for us to get to know them a little better since we have just met them. It is going to be a colder weekend and Dwayne has been working on finding us a stove for our tent, but if we don't get one in time, we will just bring some of our propane tent heaters and have all of us in the one tent.

All this re-enacting is causing me to dig into more history books. I went to the library last week and picked up a few books on Indiana history. I will be looking for more books on the French and Indian war, and the war of 1812 soon. It is really cool to read more on this and be able to take little pieces of this past and work it into our stories when we talk to people who come through our camp. Dwayne and Sari were doing a great job of this at 1812. Now I just have to catch up with them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad your kids are feeling better.

Another reenactment! I wish I had time to go. :(

I love reading early american history. Love,love,love it! Have you tried tracing your family back to that era? If not, you might be surprised at what you find out.

Have fun and I look forward to updates.

Shelby-Grace said...

Sounds like it will be a fun weekend! I'm looking forward to the cooler temps., but I probably wouldn't be if I were going to be sleeping in a tent this weekend! But it sounds like you guys will be warm one way or another! Have fun:)

Nathan said...

glad everyone is better!