Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tomorrow I leave for 5 days to a youth conference. I will not be taking any kids or my husband with me, although I will get to see my husband at least Thursday night, but he has already been gone for 3 days and I really want to see him. The main point though is...I have never left my family totally on my own since I got married. I have pretty much always had someone with me. I have gone to cub scout camp with my son, even though he pretended I wasn't there, we still went together. Sari is at all the youth activities I attend. It just feels really weird to be able to go and not worry about what someone else in my family needs...I just get to go learn and enjoy myself. Now, of course, I am fretting tons before I leave that my house is not in order, or that I have not done everything I could to make the weekend go as smoothly as possible for my kiddos and hubby. Dwayne keeps telling me that he is perfectly able to take care of the kids and himself...I do have my doubts, but for the most part, I am sure they will be fine...Right? No, seriously they will be fine...they will be fine.

One thing I do enjoy about going away is coming home. Anytime I leave Dwayne home with some of the kiddos he seems to have a greater appreciation for me when I get home. I think for at least 4 days or so, I can do no wrong. I love it. It is always a good feeling to come home to.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: