Saturday, September 13, 2008

We made it.

The whole family survived my first full week of work. Yea!!! I really have lots of sewing that I need to be working on during any free time I might have. Next Saturday is our first re-enacting event of the season. We will just go for the day to Koh-Koh-Mah, this is an re-enactment of the French and Indian War. We are hoping to stay the whole weekend next year. Then in too short of time for someone who has lots of sewing to do, we will head off to Mississinewa 1812 for the whole weekend. Dwayne might go early on Wednesday, Oct. 8th, while the kiddos and I will head down Thursday evening, Oct. 9th. Too short of time. I still have so many clothes I wanted to get made, but there is just never enough time. Sari still has a dress to finish sewing and the other kiddos need to sew up some haversacks, which is just a period correct bag. Dwayne has found us another re-enactment that we might try to go to, it is down in Vincennes, IN on the first weekend of November. I am hoping to fill our calendar next year with a few more events, just for fun. It ends up being a free weekend of camping, plus each event teaches the kiddos a little more history. I really hope the more we get into this, the more the kiddos will want to research history to understand the the times we are portraying. Well, it is 6am on Saturday and it is a good time to start some of that piled up sewing.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Wow! You have a lot to get done! Good luck with all that! Glad the family made it through a week of work!

Unknown said...

You are setting a good example for the kids. I think they will definitely fall in love with history. How could they not, you've made it so fun!

Marcella said...

Girl, I miss talking with you! We have been overly busy with church, school, and football. (Plus our computer was on the fritz for over a week:( Anyway, glad to hear work is going well. Love ya.