Monday, September 29, 2008

Buried...

I am feeling so buried these days, buried under tons of fabric that is. With just less than 2 weeks until we leave for 1812, I am trying very hard to get a few more things made for my family and for some friends of ours. Last Monday I was able to find some much needed wool to make Sari and I's capes. I spent last week working on short gowns for Sari and I, regency dresses, short stays, haversacks for the kiddos, and last night, finally, I made my first cape. I have a few little loose ends to finish on each of those projects from last week. On top of all the sewing, we had the usual activities of life, violin lessons, soccer, a pampered chef party, more soccer, clarinet and baritone lessons, and then early Saturday morning, Angel food and then Sari had driving lessons later in the day, while we were all working on more sewing. We have had the tents up in the backyard all last week, so Dwayne was planning to take them down after we went to lunch with some great friends, but no...Dwayne was very sick on Sunday. He spent the entire day in bed, while the kiddos and I just hung around the house and did what....oh yeah, more sewing. I will be sighing a deep sigh of relief when this is all done, but really it will never be done, I will always want to make some thing new, but I will be glad when it is back to a slower pace and just not trying to finish before we leave. I hope to be posting some pictures of the new pieces of clothing and the tents, including the rope bed Dwayne made for us. We slept out in it last week and it is really pretty comfortable.

PS. If I have acted distant or ignored anyone lately, please let me know. When I get this buried in my projects, I tend to forget there are other people in the world. I hate that I do that, I really need to work on that. But at least I should be back to the land of the living starting around Oct. 13th. Even though we are going to another re-enacting event the first weekend of Nov. I will not be sewing so much for that one, I hope...lol.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm exhausted just reading your post. I think I'll take a nap!

If things go as planned I will be going back to 1812 with you, but not in costume:(

Have fun and don't over do it!