Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tomorrow...

So, tomorrow will be the true test. Tomorrow the realtor comes back, looks at our house and tells us if we are ready to list. Then here comes the true test. How long will it take to sell our house, will we even sell our house, and is it even possible to sell a house these days? I am very nervous about all this, because this is a big leap of faith that our house will be sold this summer. I feel like we have been obedient to God by doing all that we could before even putting it on the market. But still, the whole unknowing thing is really hard.

Sometimes I feel like Gideon, like I keep asking for a sign, God keeps giving them, and then I ask for another. I now can look at that story a little differently. We always look at Gideon and think...Really now, how can you keep asking God for a sign, after all if He told you to do it, shouldn't you just do it. That is easy for us to say, we read the next few verses and we know how it all turns out, but he did not know how it was going to turn out, he was nervous. Even though I feel like God is telling us to move, but what if I am not hearing right, what if I am wrong...Can I set out a sheep's skin and see if it will be wet or not? That sounds like a pretty sure sign, right?

1 comment:

Mommy pfohl said...

Hey, I know where you can get some sheep skin if you decide you need it! :) Hang in there! God is in absolute control and it's all going to work together for your good cause you love Him! later.