Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Meeting Over...

Our meeting with the realtor is over. We have now officially listed our house. We are done with the major renovations. Now, I am down to touch up paint around the house, cleaning out the garage, organizing what will actually go with us and what we will sell in a rummage. One cool thing about all this getting the house ready to sell, is seeing how little we can live with in the house. I am really wanting to get rid of a lot of stuff before we move. I have about a week to sort things out before I take everything over to Mindy's house for a rummage sale during Farmland's whole town rummage sale.

Meeting with the realtor today was a reminder that this will really be an act of God for us to sell this house. It is just because houses are not selling real fast around here and they are not selling for much. But we really don't have to worry about it, because it is in God's hands. Once again it reminds me of Gideon in Judges 6-7. Just to make sure that He got the glory, God took down the number of fighting men to make it look impossible for them to win.

Judges 7

1 Early in the morning, Jerub-Baal (that is, Gideon) and all his men camped at the spring of Harod. The camp of Midian was north of them in the valley near the hill of Moreh. 2 The LORD said to Gideon, "You have too many men for me to deliver Midian into their hands. In order that Israel may not boast against me that her own strength has saved her, 3 announce now to the people, 'Anyone who trembles with fear may turn back and leave Mount Gilead.' " So twenty-two thousand men left, while ten thousand remained.

4 But the LORD said to Gideon, "There are still too many men. Take them down to the water, and I will sift them for you there. If I say, 'This one shall go with you,' he shall go; but if I say, 'This one shall not go with you,' he shall not go."

5 So Gideon took the men down to the water. There the LORD told him, "Separate those who lap the water with their tongues like a dog from those who kneel down to drink." 6 Three hundred men lapped with their hands to their mouths. All the rest got down on their knees to drink.

7 The LORD said to Gideon, "With the three hundred men that lapped I will save you and give the Midianites into your hands. Let all the other men go, each to his own place." 8 So Gideon sent the rest of the Israelites to their tents but kept the three hundred, who took over the provisions and trumpets of the others.



Whether we move or not, we know that we are in God's hands...that is all that matters to me.


2 comments:

Jill C. said...

God is able! I read on one of the caring bridge sites that they listed and closed on their house in 3 weeks!

Mommy pfohl said...

Well, I do pray that God moves quickly for you... but my heart will miss you GREATLY and I want to pray you stay! However, I want exactly what God has for you... so I'm sure His hand will move just as He desires... too bad I don't have a direct line to God... :)